Thursday 19 December 2013

Bedtime antics.


Good Morning Bloggers,

Its time for a bit of a moan im afraid, last night was an absolute nightmare.
 Kavan has been awake since 2am and proceeded to scream all night..................... and I mean all night until 7am when he decided he was feeling much better and wanted to not only get down and play but to also pull the whole Christmas tree down and then laugh as he walked away.
Needless to say I am so happy I get to come to work for a few hours just for the break.

We have a structured bed time routine in our house which consists of bath, singing and story time, then into the cot with a bottle of milk, so when the routine fails (which is not that often) it really throws me. I think he may have a sight ear infection. Its so hard to know the best thing to do when the routine goes out the window, I got to the point where I bought him downstairs for a while which is not like me at all usually im quite strict, its amazing what lack of sleep can do to your mind.

As I was sat there I knew in my head this is not a good idea! But the silence it bought me took over the rules. Another thing I find when we have the occasional bed time drama is my husband and I really do take chunks out of each other for no reason. It really does put such a strain on a relationship no matter how strong you are.You know that eerie lonely feeling you get when your up early hours of the morning and the rest of the world is asleep, it really makes you feel like your the only person awake. My health visitor told me that I should now take his night time bottle away from him as he is 15 months but I just don't think I am ready for that yet, I might try it over the Christmas holidays because at least that way I don't have to worry about getting up for work the next day.

I really would love to hear other peoples opinions and ideas on Toddler bedtime routines, what do you do when your little one plays up? Do you leave them to cry or comfort them? Its so hard to know if as a parent you are doing the right thing or in fact making life harder for yourself. I do use the controled crying technique but I think Kavan has sussed this out as he screams until he chokes, this gets me every time as it makes me worry.

There is definatly some truth in, 'You have to be cruel to be kind'.

My Mums Shoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment